The calendar may say we’ve moved past summer, but this recipe is hard to resist. For all of you still enjoying warm sunny days—and still finding all the ingredients fresh at either the store or farmers’ markets—this pie is a refreshing, delicious, and beautifully-presented reminder of the year’s warmest months. For those of you enjoying cooler temperatures—use frozen fruit and this can be a quick vacation back to carefree summer days.
Source: Allrecipes By Krista V
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Additional (cooling): 30 minutes
Yields: 1 pie that serves 8
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie (All-Butter Pie Crust)
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 3 fresh peaches—peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and large berries cut in half
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 (6 ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the dough and brush with half of the beaten egg white.
- Combine the sliced peaches, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the fruit, taking care not to crush the berries.
- Transfer the fruit mixture into the pastry-lined pie plate. The filling will be piled high but will cook down. Dot with butter.
- Top the filled pie with a lattice crust or a full top crust (cut decorative slits in the crust to allow the steam to escape).
- Brush the top crust or lattice with the remaining egg white. Combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar, and sprinkle the mixture on the crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch drips. Put foil under the pie for easy cleanup.
- Bake the pie until the crust is brown, and the filling is bubbly, 45 to 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pie sit for 30 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. The filling will be loose if served warm, but will tighten up when the pie is completely cooled.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Calories: 462.5 Protein: 4.9g Carbohydrates: 72.1g Fat: 18.4g
Cholesterol: 7.6m Sodium: 267.8mg