Mr. Food hasn’t let me down yet. I have always loved puff pastry, so when I saw him prepare Raspberry Cream Danish, I had to give it a try. Raspberry Cream Danish is a sweet, light, bite-size, fancy-looking pastry that has only a few ingredients and looked easy to prepare. Turns out, the filling was a piece of cake, so-to-speak😊, but shaping the pastry proved to be tricky—at least for me. My pastry had thawed a little too much and stuck together when I was supposed to pull it apart. Even then, I shaped the dough as best I could—and while it wasn’t perfect looking, it was still crisp, light, and delicious!
The link to Mr. Food’s video is below, and I suggest that anyone trying to make this recipe watch the video at least once—or better yet, have it next to you while you’re shaping the dough. It’s a lot easier to see the correct way to shape the dough by watching what Mr. Food does than it is to read about it. Remember, though, to keep the dough firm enough so that it doesn’t stick together when you’re folding it into the correct shape. Also remember that if it does stick, you can get a little creative (see above photo) and still have a delicious and festive-looking pastry. Good luck!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 18-22 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yields: 18 pastries
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (but still firm)
- 18 fresh raspberries or other favorite fruits, such as blueberries or strawberries.
Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- In medium bowl, use electric beater to combine cream cheese, ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry on flat surface and cut into 9 equal squares Fold one corner of pastry to opposite corner, then turn pastry so that it looks like a triangle. https://www.koamnewsnow.com/mr-food-raspberry-cream-danish/
- Leaving a ¼ inch border around the triangle, cut slits from bottom to ¼ inch from top of pastry, making sure the slits do not touch. Unfold the triangle and turn so that the point is facing up. Take the top flap and fold it toward the 2 cuts near the bottom. Take the bottom flap and fold it toward the top edge. https://www.koamnewsnow.com/mr-food-raspberry-cream-danish/
- Place a Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in center, then place a raspberry on top. Repeat with remaining pastry, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.