I never met a carb I didn’t like—but despite my love of bread, pasta, and potatoes, Mike and I really do try to watch our carb intake. We found this recipe when the South Beach Diet first became popular, and we were eating very low carb. With recipes like this, you won’t feel like you’re on a diet or missing a thing. It’s healthy and delicious, and like most of the recipes that I love, quick and easy.
Source: South Beach Diet (Phase I) Cookbook
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 minutes per ½ inch thickness
Total Time: 20ish minutes
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs, fresh (optional)
- Cut the fish into 4 equal-size portions. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl. Brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grill, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, starting with the skin side up. Grill over medium heat, gently turn halfway through grilling. Allow 4-6 minutes in total per 1/2″ of thickness.
- To broil, spray the rack of a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange the fish on it, starting with the skin side up. Broil 4″ from the heat, gently turning halfway through grilling. Allow 4-6 minutes in total per 1/2″ thickness.
- To serve, top the fish with capers, if using, and garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition info per serving:
Calories: 231 Protein: 23g Carbohydrates: 1g Fat: 15g Sat fat: 3g Sodium: 213mg Cholesterol: 67mg Fiber: 0g