These really are easy, and a fun way to offer a variety of omelets at either your next brunch or on a creative weekend morning with the kids. They’re also good heated up the next day, if you want a quick, to-go breakfast. I didn’t use tater tots as the cups’ base—ours were egg and filling only, and quite delicious!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (may have to add in a few minutes if baking bacon)
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yields: 12 cups
- 36 Tater tots, thawed (if using)
- 8 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite omelet fillings
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425⁰F if using tater tots. If not, preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spray the inside of the muffin cups with cooking spray if not non-stick. If using tater tots, push 3 of them into the bottom of each cup. If not using tater tots, make sure oven is on 350⁰F and skip to step 5.
- If using tater tots, bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reset the oven to 350⁰F.
- Place the omelet fillings in each muffin tin (on top of tater tots if using).
- Pour/spoon egg mixture over fillings to top of cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.