Usually, I have to cut the recipe of whatever I’m baking in half since we’re now a two-person household. Not these cookies, though—they are just sooo good. Sweet but not too sweet. So satisfying. Simple but memorable. The perfect ending to a meal. Plus, they’re quick, easy, and freeze well.
Btw—if you’ve never used parchment paper, give it a try—no clean up! Also, if you have a stand mixer, use it for this recipe—I believe it improves the final product.
Source: Cookies & Cups https://cookiesandcups.com/butter-toffee-cookies/
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 35-50 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups toffee bits (1 8-oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, yolk, baking soda, and salt, and mix for an additional minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the toffee bits evenly.
- Using a medium (2 Tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared pan 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
Nutrition info per serving:
Calories: 148 Total fat: 6.9g Total Carbs: 20.2g Sugars: 13g Cholesterol: 24.8 mg Protein: 1.3g Sodium: 167.6mg