This dish is very New England, and a seafood dish that (even) a lot of kids like. Mild and buttery, and quick and easy, it is one of my go-to meal choices. And despite being called “stuffed,” the stuffing rests on top of the fish.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 25-35 minutes
Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- 1 lb cod, ideally about 1” thick
- 1 sleeve/32 Town House, Ritz, or other buttery cracker
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pat your fish with paper towel, absorbing as much extra liquid/dampness as possible. A drier fish before baking helps make the fish moist after baking.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil, and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the fish in the dish.
- In a plastic bag, crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the other ingredients and place on top of the fish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, being careful not to overbake.
Calories: 389 (3 servings) 292 (4 servings)
Fat: 32.4g 25g
Carb: 19g 14g
Protein: 2.2g 2g