This recipe is a copycat of the Asian slaw that is served at Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant. Cooper’s Hawk has locations around the country, and there is one here in Naples. Hopefully, there’s one near you! Mike and I are members of their wine club, and love many things about this restaurant—and we really love their Asian slaw. This recipe is pretty close. We added raisins, adding a sweet, moist bite to this delicious, savory dish.
Source: Wholesome RD
Prep time: about 30 minutes
Serves: 12 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 small Napa cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- In large bowl, toss together the slaw ingredients
- In separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Stir dressing into slaw ingredients.
- Garnish with green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds and serve, or wait a couple of hours for flavors to marinate before garnishing.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 117 Total Fat: 6.6g Sat Fat: 0.9g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 181mg Protein: 3.6g
Total Carbs: 12.9g Dietary Fiber: 4.5g Sugars: 7.6g